Handgun Training and Fingerprinting
Absolute hql training classes
Our Curriculum Includes
- Classification of Firearms
- Gun Safety
- Firearm Operation
- Cleaning of Firearm
- Types of Ammo
- Storage & Transport of Firearms
One-Stop Handgun License Training and Fingerprinting
Our HQL class is a 4-hour class led by a certified firearm instructor and includes onsite fingerprinting and complete documentation. This class meets all the requirements by the State of Maryland to submit your HQL application.
The HQL includes instruction on state firearm law, home firearm safety training, handgun mechanisms, and operation.
Maryland law requires HQL training if you have not owned a regulated firearm prior to October 1, 2013. The HQL law in MD also requires a fingerprint background check to purchase a handgun, which is provided and included in the price of your class.
The following are not required to possess an HQL to purchase a regulated handgun in the state of Maryland:
- Licensed Firearms Manufacturer.
- Active law enforcement officer or a retiree in good standing from a law enforcement agency of the US, Maryland, or a local law enforcement agency in Maryland.
- A member or retired member of the armed forces of the United States or National Guard.
- A person purchasing, renting or receiving an antique, curio or relic as defined in federal law or in determinations published by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
- A person that possesses an active FFL License.
What We Can Do For You
We provide training that covers the Maryland State Police lesson requirements to apply for the Maryland State Handgun Qualification.
We make it easy for you to complete the training, fingerprinting and paperwork necessary to obtain your HQL license.
Wear & Carry Training
from our clients
“Really enjoyed the class! I appreciate you taking the time to demonstrate how to properly aim and fire a gun. I am right-handed and have to be careful on applying pressure with my fingers. I was diagnosed with gout several years ago….but you made me feel confident enough to give it a go. I highly recommend your class – especially for rookies like myself.” – Terry Z